Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reunion: Atonement


So it's common knowledge by now that Joe Wright has announced his next film will be an adaptation of Tolstoy's Anna Karenina starring his frequent muse Keira Knightley.  What isn't quite so common knowledge iis my complete adoration of their two collaborations: Pride & Prejudice and Atonement.  The former is my favorite Jane Austen adaptation ever (I don't really like the BBC one, and Ang Lee's Sense & Sensibility is great but not nearly as amazing), and the latter is one of my favorite films of all time, adapted from one of my favorite novels of all time.


Already I'm dying of excitement for Anna Karenina.

Then today Joe Wright announces that Kelly MacDonald and Benedict Cumberbatch (who played the creepster Paul Marshall in Atonement) have joined the cast.

But he's waiting out for two actors to join the cast.  Who are they?

SAOIRSE RONAN!
A.k.a. Briony in Atonement

mah boo JAMES MCAVOY
A.k.a. Robbie in Atonement

It's unknown what parts in Anna Karenina they would play, but all of these people together again making a film has me very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment