Monday, March 21, 2011

Stuck-In-My-Head Sundays: Britney Spears - 'I Wanna Go'

I already spoiled the song that has actually been stuck in my head this past week when I posted about Babs singing 'My Man' so this isn't a genuine Stuck-In-My-Head Sunday post.  This past week Britney Spears' new album--the TERRIBLY titled Femme Fatale--leaked.  I had no desire to listen to this album as I completely loathe the lead single 'Hold it Against Me'.  While I like the second single 'Till the World Ends' I still had no interest whatsoever.  A co-worker assured me that the album is actually really good mindless dance-pop perfection and that I should take a chance on it.  I did, and I'm very happy I did!  It really is perfectly constructed dance-pop.  Despite Britney's albums being more about the producers than the product I think that Dr. Luke, Max Martin, and all of her other producers really show their talent for putting together a great pop song.  The whole album will make great drunk-dancing music, but there's only a few songs I see myself adding to a rotation on my iPod.  Most of all I really love the song 'I Wanna Go' and its Euro-trash whistling.  It's fun and classic Britney in the whiny chorus that requires very little from her vocal chords, and I hope you'll all have a listen even if you detest pop music (which is a damn shame, if true):



Girl needs a long break from the music scene though.  She's cray-cray 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment