Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hot: Hugo Speer in The Full Monty

My first viewing of The Full Monty went just as I'd expected: I loved it.  My only memories of the film are the famous last scene and the also famous 'auditions' scene.  I knew that it was about a bunch of regular 'Joes' who decide to pull a Chippendale's and start a strip show.  It obviously has been a part of paving the way for films like Little Miss Sunshine, Juno, and The Kids Are All Right.  Those comedies that are small in scope but big in heart and laughs.  I'm so thankful that it exists and created a market for the indie-comedies-that-could genre.  It's also noticeable that it earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Picture, also paving the way for the aforementioned films to earn their own!  (Of course on their own merits)

But the best part?  Giant schlonged Hugo Speer as Guy.  Hello gorgeous:

God he looks SO 90's teen soap heart-throb, doesn't he?  Exactly what I love about him.  That rugged charm and boyish good lucks.  He also gets the best sub-plot when him and the ginger start shacking up.  THE BEST:


Get it, Ginge.  Get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment