Thursday, March 24, 2011

Daily Dose of Ferocity: Carmen Dell'Orefice for Vanity Fair Italia

I spend most of my day working and perusing film blogs, but I do visit the occasional fashion-centric blog to keep up with what's going on in the world of garments.  My favorite part of the fashion world besides the clothing are fashion editorials and advertisements.  How the fashion world sells its luxe clothes is always just as interesting as the collections themselves, non?  Legendary octogenarian (just turned 80) model Carmen Dell'Orefice shot a fashion editorial for Vanity Fair Italia recently and MY GOODNESS it's amazing.  The woman is a better editorial model than probably 60% of the girls that US Vogue uses in every issue (and it seems like they have a rotation of 12 girls and that's IT).  These images are stunning:



I love this Viktor&Rolf gown!
 


There were a couple more in the editorial but I felt these three alone are worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Iconic A LIVING LEGEND! SO glad she is The fashion queen!!

    ReplyDelete