Monday, February 14, 2011

Stuck-In-My-Head Sundays: Adele - "Hiding My Heart"

At this very moment Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is actually stuck in my head, but that's only because I've been power-listening to it in an attempt to actually like it.  It's working thus far.  But when I reflected back on my week and what has haunted my brain the most it's definitely Adele's cover of Brandi Carlile's "Hiding My Heart".  The original song is beautiful and heartfelt, but Adele's version takes it to a whole different level.  The soulful qualities of her voice and just the lone guitar brings such an odd tenderness to a song that already has it in spades.  When an artist has a voice like Adele's, I find myself always liking their simpler works (i.e. just their voice, one instrument, and fantastic lyrics).  This certainly falls under that category.  Please enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment