Monday, January 31, 2011

Yummy News: Superman Casting!

I'm a day late on this, I know, but how exciting is the news that Henry Cavill has been cast as Zack Snyder's Superman?! Despite my preferences for many of the other names that they'd been throwing around (I still think John Hamm would make a great older Superman and Matthew Goode=HOT, Armie Hammer=ADORABLE, and Joe Manganiello=ZOMG) I do believe that Henry Cavill was a great choice.  Also:





He's gorgeous. So let's all raise a glass to a future of seeing this man fly through the skies in spandex. Oh, he's also a very talented actor. He's most known for his work as Charles Brandon in Showtime's The Tudors, the lead in Matthew Vaughn's Stardust (love that film), and he's in Tarsem's (The Fall, The Cell) next film: Immortals, in which he plays Theseus. That film is very reminiscent of Clash of the Titans but will certainly have more visual panache with Tarsem at the helm. Anyway, I'm happy with the casting and it seems most fanboys are as well, so good job Zack Snyder!

Yummy news indeedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment